Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's my Friday!


15 hours away from Mauritius - I'm excited!

I think everyone is starting to think about India and feel anxiety - 6 days, big, urban non-tourist city, immense poverty.  It is certainly looming.  We will be there next Friday.  And from the time we get to India to the time we leave Japan, we will have had 1 month, 6 days of class (!), and 7 ports in 5 different countries. 

But Mauritius!  We'll be getting up early in the morning to help students/staff/faculty through customs and immigration.  I think everyone is just planning for some beach and relaxation time.  The Mauritian Rupees are 40 to $1 US.  It's pretty culturally sweet - I'm going to feel so rich :) 

I know I haven't gotten many pics up lately, the internet has been really really slow and frustrating. 

Last night I had beverage service which was fine, but I didn't get to attend the Open Mic night in the Union, which was a total bummer!  I guess the good news is that there will be another one at some point.  It'll be a Collins Hall flashback. 

Tonight I have a Whine and Cheese party with my team, followed by preport, then a student meeting, and then a faculty member is having a birthday party up in the lounge.

Most boring post yet?  Probably.  I've got nothing today. 

I am now 9 hours ahead of Central time for those keeping track.  I haven't been able to get into anything Gmail/Google related in days, so hopefully nobody sent me urgent emails there. 

I should probably go wash some clothes.  I only brought 2 long sleeved shirts with me, which was stupid.  I want to wear them all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment