[I meant for the below text to go beneath the picture I posted last night... I never said I'd be GOOD at blogging...]
I'm safely in Norfolk! Shout out to Erica for taking me to Midway at 7am and also to Becky Patt for driving down from Manassas to pick me up at the airport, bring me to my hotel, and explore the booming metropolis of Norfolk with me.
I'm kidding about Norfolk. It's a freaking ghost town with no people walking around and nothing open until 5pm. What a lonesome place!
We walked down by the harbor and I got to meet the MV Explorer for the first time. She's pretty adorable. She's also hanging out right beside the USS Wisconsin battleship, which I took as a good sign. Another good sign? When Erica turned on her car this morning, "Leaving On A Jet Plane" was on the radio. Seriously, when's the last time you heard that on the radio?!
I can see the ship from my hotel window and there seem to be some flashing party lights on the top deck. I bet the higher-ups are getting crazy!
I'm turning off my phone Monday morning but hopefully I'll be able to post before Friday, when we pick up the kiddies. Right now I'm going to go put everything back in my suitcases (I might have frantically torn through them when I got to the hotel after spending the whole flight convincing myself I had forgotten everything).
xoxo
I'm kidding about Norfolk. It's a freaking ghost town with no people walking around and nothing open until 5pm. What a lonesome place!
We walked down by the harbor and I got to meet the MV Explorer for the first time. She's pretty adorable. She's also hanging out right beside the USS Wisconsin battleship, which I took as a good sign. Another good sign? When Erica turned on her car this morning, "Leaving On A Jet Plane" was on the radio. Seriously, when's the last time you heard that on the radio?!
I can see the ship from my hotel window and there seem to be some flashing party lights on the top deck. I bet the higher-ups are getting crazy!
I'm turning off my phone Monday morning but hopefully I'll be able to post before Friday, when we pick up the kiddies. Right now I'm going to go put everything back in my suitcases (I might have frantically torn through them when I got to the hotel after spending the whole flight convincing myself I had forgotten everything).
xoxo
Happy trails, my friend. Have an amazing time...looking forward to hearing more about your adventures and travels via your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteyou're on a boat and/
ReplyDeleteyou're goin' fast and/
you got a nautical striped pashmina afghan