Anyway, it was a brief summary, so this will have to be a brief
summary of the brief summary.
- I am safely on the ship.
- Leaving from Norfolk was totally surreal and amazing. We left at
2300 last night (oh yes, we use the 24 hour clock).
- Everybody's very friendly, very cool, very talkative, and very tired
today. We'll lose an hour tonight, so more tired is on the way.
The rocking of the ship was lovely last night, but from the second I
stood up this morning, it has not been lovely. I giggled as I
showered and got ready, because it felt like I had too much to drink
(even though I'd had nothing to drink). I stopped giggling as I got
up to the 6th deck though (it feels worse the higher up you go).
We were in the union all morning for orientation sessions, and twice
during the 3 1/2 hours I had to leave to run to the bathroom. So did
about half of the people there. The first time just sitting in the
bathroom made me feel better. The second time: I re-experienced my
breakfast. A barf bag is now a necessary accessory. Disgusting, I
know.
My sexy wrist bands are not helping. Neither is the meclizine. It's
just going to be a bit of an adjustment.
We did have a lifeboat drill last night. Loved it!! Well, putting on
long sleeves, pants, a winter hat, close-toed shoes and the super
attractive PFD in the heat and humidity was slightly uncomfortable,
but it was quick. I happen to look stunning in neon orange.
Anyway, my SAS email is all set up, so email me there. smahalaska
(at) semesteratsea (dot) net.
Gotta go find my new accessory...
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment